*New project coming soon*
This project aims to promote an open call to artists to stay in artistic residences, often historic buildings, for a specific period of time. It’s addressed to emerging and established artists with focus on Visual Art, Literature, Poetry, Photography, Public Art, Performance Art, Sculpture, Music, Opera, and Dance.
Karin Giusti Art Studio based in Popoli Terme (Abruzzo) joined the project offering a patreon sponsored residency for artist.
No cost for staying in the art residency except for transportation and additional services.
We welcome artists of all levels and provide them a space where they can create a deep and meaningful impact on their life and work.
Popoli Terme is in Abruzzo (Italy) in the Majella National Park and a 1h30 drive from Rome.
Easy to live, no pollution, great food, surrounded by nature, Popoli is a small-town (less than 5000 people) where you can stay without stress. You can have all essential services to be reached on foot.
There are thermal baths with spring water famed for its healing properties and great restorative treatment for lungs and joints.
The town and the surrounding area have several objects of interest: the castle dated back to 10th century, 7 churches built between 13th and 18th century and a nature reserve.
Popoli is the hometown of Corradino D’Ascanio, inventor of the first prototype of a modern helicopter and the designer of the Piaggio Vespa inspired by insects of the same name.
Photo credits to Keith Thomson Photography
Read more about Popoli Terme:
Karin Giusti Interview (P25)
- Work in quiet and inspiring surroundings in the company of fellow artists
- Private Rooms with comfortable bed, wardrobe, desk, wifi and mountain view
- Shared Kitchen: self catering and community cooking with full use of a shared kitchen facility.
- Studio space to work
- Assistant available 24/7 (interpreter, bureaucracy, translation)
- Town Guided tour
- Itineraries to discover Abruzzo with Sacred Walks
- Social media marketing, Web reputation consulting